SoBRA was established in December 2009 and since that time has held twelve annual conferences and ten summer workshops. More recently, SoBRA has also held early careers events.
SoBRA December 2020 Conference
Our first virtual conference! Thank you to all those who tuned in to hear the outgoing Chair Hannah White outline the Society’s activities for this year and our plans for the next. Our incoming Chair is Simon Cole.
Merry Christmas everyone.
SoBRA December 2019 Conference
Happy 10th Birthday SoBRA! Some highlights from SoBRA’s 10th anniversary December Conference. Thanks to all SoBRA members for making this society a real success.
SoBRA Early Careers 2019 Workshop
In conjunction with RemSoc, SoBRA held its second early careers workshop at Manchester University. Attendees heard from experienced practitioners from the SoBRA community on topics covering vapours, groundwater, ground gas, asbestos, remediation and accreditation. A great day for knowledge sharing.
Previous Summer Workshops
Presentations from the summer workshops are listed below and are available to SoBRA members.
Proceedings reports for the summer workshops can be found on the Resources page. Reports published within the past year are available to members only, older reports are accessible to all.
- June 2018: Fine Tuning DQRA’s for the Water Environment
- June 2017: Vapour Intrusion to Support Sustainable Risk-Based Decision Making
- June 2016: Site Investigation & Risk Assessment for Historic Landfill Redevelopment
- July 2015: Uncertainty in Human Health Risk Assessment
- June 2014: Chlorinated Solvents – Controlled Water and Human Health Risk Assessment
- April 2014: Category 4 Screening Levels: Industry Application(joint SoBRA/SAGTA workshop)
- June 2013: Risks to Human Health from Asbestos in Soil
- June 2012: Risk Assessment of Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Groundwater
- June 2011: Lead Risk Assessment for Contaminated Land: The Key Issues
- June 2010: Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs): The Burning Questions